Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Installing Java RxTx library for serial communication

I was in the middle of an electronic project which required sending data from the computer to an external circuit driven by an Arduino. After playing around with the Arduino Serial Monitor for a while I wanted to write a piece of software using java, that could get the job done. So, as usual google was the page to turn to. After hours of searching I could rarely find an complete description in a single place that would guide a beginner like me :P. So after all the struggles I decided to write this post down

This post will guide you through on how to do serial communication through the RXTX library on java. Well of course first you will have to download the library, install before anything.

Download page : http://rxtx.qbang.org/wiki/index.php/Download
Instructions on installation: http://rxtx.qbang.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_for_Windows
(Windows)

Now you are good to go. In order to start coding you will have to import gnu.io.* to your program. I will follow this post with one explaining a sample code

No comments:

Post a Comment